- Dr.Nigat, 2013, The impact of group based training approaches on crop yield, household income and adoption of pest management practices in the smallholder horticultural subsector of Kenya, Journal of Sustainable Development in Africa. Volume 15, No.1, Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion, Pennsylvania.
- Dr. Nigat, 2011, Integrated Pest Management Training and Information Flow among Smallholder Horticultural Farmers in Kenya, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, CABI, ISBN 978-1-8459-3649-5-2011,p.243-261
- Dr. Nigat, 2013, The role of social capital and other factors in adoption of IPM technologies, Quarterly Journal of Economics. (Submitted)
- Bekele, N. (2011). The economic impact of group based .IPM training on smallholder horticultural production in kenya. Doctoral Thesis, Department of Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness Management, University of Egerton, Kenya.
- Thornton, P.K., P.G. Jones, T. Owiyo, R.L. Kruska, M. Herrero, V. Orindi, S. Bhadwal, P. Kristjanson, A. Notenbaert, N. Bekele and A. Omolo (2008): Climate change and poverty in Africa: Mapping hotspots of vulnerability, African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 2(1), pp.24-44
- Waithaka, M.M., Thornton, P.K., Herrero, M., Shepherd, K.D., Stoorvogel, J.J., Salasya, B., Ndiwa, N., Bekele, N., Croucher, M., Karanja, S., Booltink, H., (2005). System prototyping and impact assessment for sustainable alternatives in mixed farming systems in high-potential areas of Eastern Africa. Final Program Report to the Ecoregional Fund to Support Methodological Initiatives.
- Ndung’u L.W., McDermott J.J., Oruko L.O., Laker C., Randolph T.F., Bekele, N. and Hall D.C. (2003). Inter-institutional barriers to the adoption of tsetse and trypanosomosis control technologies in Eastern Africa. In: Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium for Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics (ISVEE) held in Vina del Mar, Chile, 17–21 November 2003. ISVEE, Fort Collins, Colorado, USA.
- Dr. Nigat, Integrated Pest management (IMP) training and information Flow among smallholder horticulture farmers in Kenya presented at Humberg, Germany.
- Dr. Nigat, Integrated Pest management (IMP) training and information Flow among smallholder horticulture farmers in Kenya presented at CapeTown, South Africa.
- Dr.Nigat, The role of social capital in adoption of IPM technologies presented at Nairobi , Kenya.
- Research fellow 2007-2011 PhD research Fellow DAAD/ ICIPE
- Researcher 2005-2006 Research Assistant DIFID/ILRI
- Researcher 2002 Research Assistant AU IBAR