- A minimum of grade C+ in KCSE with at least C+ in Biology or Biological Sciences and any one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics or Physical Sciences.
- Two principals and one Subsidiary pass at KACE level or equivalent, one of which must be in biology and in any other science subject
- A minimum of C plain in KCSE and at least a Credit Pass Diploma in Animal Health/ Agriculture/ Medical Laboratory Technology /Animal production from an institution recognized by the University Senate
- A minimum of C- in KCSE with at least a credit pass in both Certificate and Diploma Animal Health/ Agriculture/ Medical Laboratory Technology from an institution approved by University Senate
- A degree in a Biological Science from institutions recognized by the University Senate
- Any other qualifications equivalent to the above from an institution recognized by the University Senate