Area of Specialization:
- Agricultural Entomology, Pathology with a bias in Maize lethal Necrosis disease and its viruses (crop protection)
- Management of Vectors (Thrips, Frankliniella williamsi and Aphids ) of Maize Lethal Necrosis Disease causing viruses, Maize Chlorotic Mottle virus, Sugarcane Mosaic mottle virus
- Control of Invasive pests : Liriomyza species by use of Botanical pesticides and Biological control strategies ( Parasitoids; Diglyphus Isaea, Phydrotoma scabriventris) in Horticultural Vegetables and fruits .
- Crop protection practices through control of disease pathogens, their vectors and pests of crops
- Fall army worm control strategies
- Namikoye, E. S., Kariuki, M. G., Kinyua, Z. M., Githendu, M. W. and Kasina, M. (2018). Cropping System intensification as a Management method against vectors of viruses causing Maize Lethal Necrosis Disease in Kenya. East African Agricultural and Forestry Journal Taylor and Francis DOI: 10.1080/00128325.2018.1456298
- Namikoye, E. S., Kariuki, M. G., Kinyua, Z. M., Githendu, M. W. and Kasina, M. (2015). Effects of companion crops on population dynamics of maize lethal necrosis disease vectors in Bomet County of Kenya.Paper KAPAP conference proceedings at KALRO Westlands 10- 12th June 2015; pp 88-91
Books and Books Chapters
- (Accepted: Book chapter Publication) Namikoye, E. S., Kariuki, M. G., Kinyua, Z. M., Githendu, M. W. and Kasina, M.(2018). “Invasive Pest in Africa and their sustainable Management” Chapter 5. Enhancing Monitoring efficiency and management of vectors of maize lethal necrosis disease causing viruses in Kenya (To be published by Springer)
- Participated and presented a paper in the 22nd Meeting and Conference of the African Association of insect Scientists in Sudan Wad Medan titled” Enhancing Monitoring Efficiency and management of Vectors of Maize Lethal Necrosis Disease causing viruses in Kenya” 23rd to 26th October 2017
- Participated and presented a paper on “Effect of selected Botanical pesticides on the survival of various larval stages and adult emergence of Liriomyza huidobrensis on French beans” in the Horticultural Association of Kenya (HAK) Workshop ON Sustainable Horticultural Production in the Tropics between 12th to 16th Feb 2018.
- 1st SAED Biennial International Conference proceedings on Bridging the Gap between Society, Science and Industry. Held Between 30th November And 5th December 2014 at Business and Student Services Center, Kenyatta University
- Namikoye, E. S.; Kariuki, G.; Kinyua, Z. M.; Githendu, M. W.; Kasina, M. (2015-06) Effects of companion crops on population dynamics of maize lethal necrosis disease vectors in Bomet County, Kenya
- Samita, E. N., Chabi-Olaye. A., Ogol C.P. K. O., Salifu, D. and Fiaboe, K. K. M(2018). Effect of selected doses of neem and pyrethrum based bio pesticides on parasitism of Liriomyza huidobrensis (Blanchard) by Phaedrotoma scabriventris