Area of Specialization
- Social- economic and environmental impact assessment
- Social- economic and environmental impact of agricultural technologies, externalities of development project, the impact of climate change and agricultural sustainability
Macharia Cereals consumption patterns in Tanzania Kenyatta university/Kenya “Building a new Generation of Agricultural Scientists” held on December 2014
- Macharia Post-Harvest losses in Kenya ICIPE/ Kenya Post-Harvest losses in Africa- Analytical review and synthesis workshop, Feb, 2013
- Macharia Postharvest losses and postharvest innovations on key horticultural crops - Kenya Machakos/ Kenya AGRA Expert and Stakeholder Workshop on Waste and Spoilage Issues, Challenges Facing Smallholder Farmers and Potential Intervention Points, April, 2013
- Macharia Ethiopia Transformational Leadership in Agribusiness workshop, December 2013
- Macharia Potential economic and poverty impact of improved chickpea technologies in Ethiopia Iguaçu/ Brazil International Conference of Agricultural Economists, August, 2012
- Macharia Planning and Implementing Plans Kenyatta university/Kenya STEP training workshop, March, 2012
- Macharia Determinants of Pesticide Handling Practices in Vegetable Production in Kenya. Hamburg/ Germany Tropentag, Oct, 2009.
- Macharia External Costs of Pesticide Use in the Vegetable Production in Kenya. Nairobi/ Kenya Proceedings of the Horticulture Seminar on Sustainable Horticultural Production in the Tropics, Dec 2008.
Macharia Economic Impact Assessment of Training French beans Smallholders on Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) through farmer field school. Nairobi/ Kenya Proceeding of fourth Workshop on Sustainable Horticultural Production in the Tropics, Nov 2004.
Macharia Ex-ante Economic Impact Assessment of the Introduction of the Diamondback Moth Parasitoid, Diadegma semiclausum, in Kenya. Beijing/ China XV International Plant Protection Congress May, 2004.
Ruth, C., Macharia, I., Alice W. Charles, A. O. M and Zeyaur R. K. 2017 Impact assessment of push-pull pest management on incomes, productivity and poverty among smallholder households in Eastern Uganda Food Security 9 (6): 1359–1372 Sustainability, 15, (4): 887-902
Luvanda A.M., Macharia I.N., Chikamai B. N and Wambugu S.K 2017 Socio-economic factors influencing collection of gum myrrh and opoponax from the wild in wajir county, Kenya. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research. 8(5): 17165-17172.
- Midingoyi G.S-K., Macharia, I., Ong’amo, G., Abonyo, E., Ogola, G., De Groote, H. and LeRu, B.,2016 Assessing the long-term welfare effects of the biological control of cereal stemborer pests in East and Southern Africa: Evidence from Kenya, Mozambique and Zambia. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, 230, pp.10-23
- Macharia, I 2015 Pesticides and Health in Vegetable Production in Kenya BioMed Research International Volume 2015 (2015)
- Ndungu, S., Macharia, I., Kahuthia-Gathu, R. and Githaiga, W.R 2013 Impact of Organic Vegetable Production System in Kiambu and Kajiado Counties of Kenya. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering A2, (4). 256-266.
- Ouma, E., Macharia, I., Birachi, E., Garming, H., Nyagaya, M., Pypers, P., Ochieng, J., Blomme, G., van Asten, P., Vanlauwe, B
- 2013 Agricultural technology diffusion and adoption in banana and legume based systems of Central Africa.
- Karani-Gichimu, C., Macharia, I. and Mwangi, M 2013 Assessment of passion fruit orchard management and farmers’ technical efficiency in Central-Eastern and North-Rift Highlands, Kenya Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, 5(2): 183-190
- Karani-Gichimu, C., Macharia, I. and Mwangi, M 2013 Assessment of Input-Output Transformation in Purple Passion Fruit Production in Central-Eastern and North-Rift, Kenya. Current Research Journal of Economic Theory 5(2): 32-37
- Macharia, I., Mithöfer, D. and Waibel, H 2012 Pesticide handling practices by vegetable farmer in Kenya Environment, Development and Sustainability, 15, (4): 887-902
- Macharia, I. 2010 Indirect Costs of Pesticide Use in the Vegetable Production in Kenya.
- Macharia, I., Mithöfer, D. and Waibel, H 2009 Potential Environmental Impacts of Pesticides Use in the Vegetable Sub-sector in Kenya. African Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 2: 138-151.
- Macharia, I., Mithöfer, D. and Löhr, B 2006 Update of the Ex-ante Socio-economic Impact Assessment of the Biological Control of Plutella xylostella (Diamondback moth) in Kenya.
- Macharia, I., Löhr, B. and De Groote, H 2005 Assessing the Potential Impact of Biological Control of Plutella xylostella (diamondback moth) in Cabbage Production in Kenya. Crop Protection, 24: 981-989