Waswa F, Mwamburi M and Mworia M (2020). Declining Wood Fuel and Implications for Household Cooking and Diets in Tigania Sub-County Kenya. Scientific. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sciaf.2020.e00417. Elsevier B.V.
Waswa, F; Mwamburi, M; Wakindiki, IIC and Chemutai, R (2020). Soil Properties and Fertility Management within Ruiru Peri-Urban Area in Kiambu, County, Kenya. J. Appl. Sci. Environ. Manage. Vol. 24 (5) 839-844. https://www.ajol.info/index.php/jasem
Waswa F. (2020). Researching Religion-Terrorism Nexus for Sustainable Global Security Management: Is Islam being falsely accused? CHEMCHEMI - International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. 11 (1) 35-47. DOI10.33886/cijhs.v11:1.140
Mwamburi M and Fuchaka W. 2020. Socioeconomic and customer factors affecting fresh produce trading in Nairobi City Park market. East African Journal of Science, Technology and Innovation, Vol. 1 (2): 1-16. EISSN: 2707-0425
Waswa F., Wangia J and Waudo J. 2020. A Rapid Appraisal of Poor Educational Performance in Selected Secondary Schools in Navakholo Constituency in Kenya. International Journal of Education and Research. 8 (5) 19-32. www.ijern.com
- Wangia J, Waswa F and Waudo J. (2019). Determinants of Self-Esteem, Educational Performance and Career Prospects among Secondary School Students in Navakholo Constituency, Kakamega, Kenya. Journal of Education and Practice. Vol.10, No.14, 41-47. ISSN 2222-1735. DOI: 10.7176/JEP
- Waswa F. (2018). Perspectives of Exiting Agriculture Undergraduate Students on the Status of Agricultural Extension in selected Counties in Kenya. Journal of Rural Development (re-submitted after being peer reviewed – should be out soon)
- F.W. Muriu-Ng’ang’a, M.Mucheru-Muna, F.Waswa, F.S. Mairura. (2017). Socio-economic factors influencing utilisation of rain water harvesting and saving technologies in Tharaka South, Eastern Kenya. Agricultural Water Management. 194:150-159. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agwat.2017.09.005
- Wachera R W and Waswa F. 2017. Enhancing Energy Access and Soil Fertility Management through Biogas Technology in Smallholder Dairy Production Systems in Nyeri County, Kenya. International Journal of Agriculture and Environmental Research (3) 5: 3691-3708. ISSN: 2455-6939.
- Kanyiri G and Waswa F. (2017). Enhancing benefits from biomass wastes within small-medium scale coffee processing factories in Kiambu County, Kenya. African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 11 (4) 198-206 http://www.academicjournals.org/AJEST. DOI: 10.5897/AJEST2016.2243
- Ayaa D, D. and Waswa F. (2016): Role of indigenous knowledge systems in the conservation of the bio-physical environment among the Teso community in Busia County-Kenya. African journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 10 (12) 467-475, DOI: 10.5897/AJEST 2016.2182, http:www.academicjournal.org/AJEST
- Mwoga M G. Obando J and Waswa F. (2015). Perceptions and Truism of Climate Variability within Smallholder Farming Communities in Meru County, Kenya. Journal of Scientific Research & Reports. 9 (1)1-12. DOI: 10.9734/JSRR/2015/20239. http://sciencedomain.org/abstract/11509
- Mwoga M. G, Waswa F and Obando, J. (2015): Emerging Land Use Changes-Climatic Variability Nexus in Meru County, Kenya. Journal of Environment and Earth Science, http://iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JEES/article/view/26823.
- Makoti A and Waswa F. (2015). Rural Community Coping Strategies with Drought-Driven Food Insecurity in Kwale County, Kenya. Journal of Food Security. Vol. 3, No.3, 87-93. Available at http://pubs.sciepub.com/jfs/3/3/4 DOI:10.12691/jfs-3-3-4
- Barasa M and Waswa F. (2015). Effects of Returnees Re-Integration on the Livelihoods of Host Communities in Leer County, South Sudan. International Journal of African and Asian Studies, 13: 10-19. http://iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JAAS/article/view/25604/26256
- Waswa F. 2015: Referendum Clamour: Time to Amend the “20% Flaws” in the 2010 Constitution. December Issue. Gitobu Imanyara and Company. www.theplatformke.com
- Waswa F. 2015: The Ultimate Solution to Industrial Actions in Kenya. The Platform for Law, Justice and Society. August, 9. 59-60, Gitobu Imanyara and Company. www.theplatformke.com
- Waswa F. 2015: Demystifying Religious Radicalism, Fundamentalism and Extremism. The Platform for Law, Justice and Society. June, No. 7. Pg 5, Gitobu Imanyara and Company. www.theplatformke.com
- Waswa, F and Mutisya, E. (2014). Maximizing on Strategic Partnerships for Eradicating Slums and Human Deprivation in Kenya’s Cities, African Journal of Sustainable Development, 4 (3) 151-168. http://www.ajol.info/index.php/ajsd
- Waswa F and Netondo G W. (2014). Integrating Sustainability Ethics in Commercial Sugarcane Farming in the Lake Victoria Basin, Kenya. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. 2 (1): 01-18, ISSN 2334-2312 (on-line). www.aripd.org/jaes
- Mutinda N R., Waudo J & Waswa F. (2013). From National to Regional Tourism Development Focus in Kenya: Examining the Challenges and Opportunities, Tourism Planning & Development, 10 (1)99-109. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/21568316.2012.729759
- Mutinda R., Waudo J. and Waswa F. (2012). Examining Kenya’s Tourist Destinations’ Appeal: The Perspectives of Domestic Tourism Market. Journal of Tourism and Hospitality, http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2167-0269.1000103
- Waswa F and Swaleh S. (2012): Faculty Opinions on emerging Corporatization in Public Universities in Kenya, Herald Journal of Education and General Studies (www.heraldjournals.org/hjegs/archives.htm )
- Waswa F, Gweyi-Onyango, J P and Mcharo, M. (2012). Contract Sugarcane Farming and Farmers’ Incomes in the Lake Victoria Basin, Kenya, Journal of Applied Biosciences 52: 3685 – 3695. ISSN 1997-5902, http://www.m.elewa.org/JABS/2012/52/5.pdf
- Netondo, G. W; Waswa, F; Maina, L; Naisiko, T., Ngaira, J.K. and Masayi, N. (2010). Agrobiodiversity endangered by sugarcane farming in Mumias and Nzoia sugarbelts of Western Kenya. African Journal of Environment, Science and Technology. 4 (7) 437-445, ISSN 1991-637X: http://www.ajol.info/index.php/ajest/article/view/71293
- Waswa, F., Mcharo M and Netondo G. (2009). Enhancing Household Food and Income Security through Crop Diversification in the Nzoia and Mumias Sugarbelts in Kenya: Journal of Applied Biosciences 23: 1406-1415, ISSN 1997-5902. http://www.m.elewa.org/JABS/2009/23/6.pdf
- Waswa, F; Netondo, G; Maina, L; Naisiko, T and Wangamati, J. (2009). Potential of Corporate Social Responsibility for Poverty Alleviation among Contract Sugarcane Farmers in the Nzoia Sugarbelt, Western Kenya. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics, 22 (5) 463-475 http://www.springerlink.com/content/076h8032x2143147/fulltext.pdf
- Mwikali, L; F Waswa, P Abwao. (2008). Environmental effects of energy shortages in Mavoloni Location Machakos, Kenya. African Journal of Environmental Studies and Development (1) 92-98.
- Waswa F and Katana G. (2008). Academic Staff Perspectives on Operating Beyond Industrial Actions for Sustainable Quality Assurance in Public Universities in Kenya. International Journal of Environment, Workplace and Employment, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2008, 45-58, DOI: 10.1504/IJEWE.2008.022257 http://www.inderscience.com.
- Waswa F; Shitanda D and Akhaukwa P. (2004). Analysis of Remuneration Disparities within Public Universities in Kenya: Towards Reversal of Brain Drain and Brains in the Drain. Tanzanian Journal of Population Studies and Development. Vol. 11, No. 1: 79-90.
- Waswa, F., Gachene, C. K and Eggers, H. (2002). Assessment of Erosion Damage in Ndome and Ghazi, Taita Taveta, Kenya: Towards an integrated erosion management approach. GeoJournal 56: 171-176, Kluwer, http://www.springerlink.com/content/g210718820l10027/fulltext.pdf
- Waswa, F., Eggers, H., and Kutsch, T. (2002). Beyond Land Titling for Sustainable Management of Agricultural Land: Lessons from Ndome and Ghazi in Taita Taveta, Kenya. Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics, Vol. 103, 2: 107-115.
- Waswa, F., Eggers, H., Kutsch, T., and C. K. K Gachene. (2000). Community Capacity Building as an Opportunity for Sustainable Land Management: lessons from Ndome and Ghazi in Taita-Taveta District, Kenya. Journal of Agriculture in the Tropics and Subtropics, (101) 181-189.
Books and Book Chapters
Aloo-Obudho,P., Ziegele F (Eds), Abenga E, Indede F and Waswa F (Ass. Eds). (2018). Developing Visionary, Effective and Transformative University Leaders: A Training Guide. Kenya DAAD Scholars Association, Nairobi, Supported by DAAD & CUE. ISSN: 1814-5027.
Waswa F., Kilalo C K and Mwasaru M. (2014). Sustainable Community Development: Dilemma of Options in Kenya. Palgrave Macmillan, USA. www.palgrave-usa.com (DOI:10.1057/9781137497413.0001); ISBN: 978-1-137-49739-0. http://www.amazon.com/Fuchaka-Waswa/e/B00NZ982JO
Waswa F, Netondo W, Maina W and Naisiki T (eds). (2011): Commercial Sugarcane Farming in the Lake Victoria Basin: Quandary of Opportunities. Fountain Publishers, Kampala, www.fountainpublishers.co.ug, ISBN 978-9970-25-091-2. www.amazon.com/Fuchaka-Waswa/e/B00E8OFMKM
Mureithi P., Waswa F and E. Kituyi. (2011). Assessment of Occupational Safety Concerns in Pesticide Use among Small-Scale Farmers in Sagana, Central Highlands, Kenya. In: A. Bationo et al. (eds). Innovations as Key to the Green Revolution in Africa. (2) 993-998, ISBN 978-90-481-2541-8, Springer Science+Business. http://books.google.co.ke/books?
Waswa, F., Otor, S, Olukoye G and Mugendi, D. (eds) (2007). Environment and Sustainable Development: A Guide for Higher Education in Kenya. Volume II. School of Environmental Studies and Human Science, KU. (ISBN: 9966-776-34-6).
Waswa, F and Mapinduzi A. (2007). Maximising Ecosystem Human Well-being Linkages for Sustainable Development, In: Environment and Sustainable Development: A Guide for Higher Education in Kenya. Volume II, Waswa et al (eds), School of Environmental Studies and Human Science, Kenyatta University, 1-20.
Waswa, F., Kambona, C and Mireri, C. (2007). Principles and Practices of Environmental Auditing in Kenya, In: Environment and Sustainable Development: A Guide for Higher Education in Kenya. Volume II, Waswa et al (eds), School of Environmental Studies and Human Science, Kenyatta University, 296-314.
Maina L and F Waswa. (2007). Evolving Pornographic Culture and its Implications on the spread of HIV/AIDS among the youth in Kenya, In: The Intersection of Human Capital, Gender and HIV/AIDS in the African Context. Welpe I and Owino P (eds), Peter Lang: Europaischer Verlag der Wissenschaften, Frankfurt am Main, 67-79. (ISBN 3-631-54068-X).
Waswa, F., Otor, S, and Mugendi, D. (eds) (2006). Environment and Sustainable Development: A Guide for Tertiary Education in Kenya. Volume I. School of Environmental Studies and Human Science, Kenyatta University: (ISBN: 9966-776-02-8).
Waswa, F. (2006). Opportunities and Challenges for Sustainable Agricultural Land Management in Kenya. In: Environment and Sustainable Development: A Guide for Tertiary Education in Kenya. Volume I. Waswa et al (eds). School of Environmental Studies and Human Science, Kenyatta University: 53-69. (ISBN: 9966-776-02-8).
Thuo D and Waswa, F. (2006). Understanding and Managing Eco-Conflicts and Environmental Insecurity. In: Environment and Sustainable Development: A Guide for Tertiary Education in Kenya. Volume I. Waswa et al (eds). School of Environmental Studies and Human Science, Kenyatta University: 121-141.
Waswa, F and Mburu, J. (2006). The Potential of Dryland Farming in Kenya and Environmental Implications. In: Environment and Sustainable Development: A Guide for Tertiary Education in Kenya. Volume I. Waswa et al (eds). School of Environmental Studies and Human Science, Kenyatta University: 70-90.
Maina, L, Waswa, F and Waiyego S. (2005). Pitfalls in Constitution-making in Kenya: Experiences from Bomas and the 2005 National Referendum. In: Charton H and Medard C. (eds). L’Afrique Orientale, Annuaire 2005. L’Harmattan, Paris, 103-128. (ISBN: 978-2-296-02643-8).
Waswa, F., Kutsch, T. and Muthengi, K. (2004). Gender-Land Degradation-Livelihood Nexus. Lessons from Ndome and Ghazi in Taita Taveta, Kenya. In: Temu et al (eds). Rebuilding Africa’s Capacity for Agricultural Development. The Role of Tertiary Education. African Network for Agroforesty Education (ANAFE), 320-329. (ISBN: 92-9059-1609).
- Waswa F. 2018: Investing in Agricultural Leadership Innovation for Sustainable Food Security Planning in Kenya: Historical Lessons and Insights from Josephonomics. Paper presented in the Machakos University 1st Annual International Conference, 17th -19th April 2018
- Waswa F. (2017). From Standardization to Categorization of Vice-Chancellors in Kenya: A Change Management Quagmire in Higher Education” Paper presented in the Kenya DAAD Scholars Association (KDSA) International Conference on Higher Education, 4th-6th October 2017, Meru University, Kenya
- Waswa F, Akunga D, Obonyo M, Itolondo W and Mahiri J. (2016). Interrogating the Harmonized Promotion Criteria Towards Quality Assurance in Kenya’s University System. Paper presented in the 1st Biennial Conference on the Status of Higher Education in Kenya, 22nd To 25th August 2016, Kenyatta University.
- Waswa F. (2016): Unpacking Quality Assurance and Sanctifying Academic Titles in Kenya’s Higher Education. Paper presented in the Kenya DAAD Scholars Association Mount Kenya Region 2016 Annual Conference, 10th - 12th February 2016, Karatina University
- Waswa F. (2016): Agricultural Governance Innovation as the weak link in eliminating Food and Nutrition Insecurity in Africa. Paper presented in the Academic Seminar on Agriculture Innovation in the Global Research Council Africa Regional Meeting on 23rd to 24th November 2016 in Maputo, Mozambique
- Waswa F (2012): Contextualising Sustainability Research in Kenya’s Higher Education, Conference paper with theme -Sustainability Science and the Future of Africa, 29th Feb – 5th March 2012, University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Waswa F (2011). The Potential of “Systems Thinking” in the Eradication of Slum Settlements in Kenya”. Paper presented in the International Conference on the role of Higher Education for Sustainable Development in Africa, 10th-16th October 2011, United Nations University - Tokyo, Japan.
- Waswa F. (2007). 29th –November 2007 Academic Staff Assessment of Corporate Management in public Universities in Kenya: A Pilot Study. Paper presented in the Regional Eastern Africa Uni-Staff Almuni Network Conference, 29th November 2007, Lilongwe, Malawi.
- Waswa F (2007). Land Use Options: Planning, Environment and Reality. Paper presented in the VicRes Land Use Cluster Conference, 18th-20th September 2007, Club House, Kigali, Rwanda
Modules in Leadership and Higher Education
- Aloo-Obudho, P.A and Waswa F. 2018. The University Environment. In: Developing Visionary, Effective and Transformative University Leaders: A Training Guide. Kenya DAAD Scholars Association, Nairobi, 9-11. ISSN. 1814-5027
- Fuchaka W and Aloo-Obudho, P A. 2018. Organizational Behaviour, Development and Effective Institutional Change. In: Developing Visionary, Effective and Transformative University Leaders: A Training Guide. Kenya DAAD Scholars Association, Nairobi, 21-23. ISSN: 1814-5017.
- Waswa F. 2017: KRM 817: Land Use Planning and Policy, Digital School of Virtual and Open Learning, Interactive Module, Kenyatta University
- Waswa F. 2017: KCU 802: Philosophy of Sustainability Science, Digital School of Virtual and Open Learning, Interactive Module, Kenyatta University
Research-based Development Policy Briefs
- Waswa, F 2019. Saving Agricultural Land for Food Security Planning in Ruiru Sub-County, Kiambu. Policy Brief 1: KU-VC Grant 2017
- Waswa, F. 2019. Soil Fertility Management for Peri-urban Agriculture in Ruiru Sub-County, Kiambu. Policy Brief 2: KU-VC Grant 2017.
- Waswa, F. 2019. Rain water Harvesting for Domestic and Peri-Urban Agriculture in Ruiru Sub-County, Kiambu. Policy Brief 3: KU-VC Grant 2017
- 23rd - 26th October 2019: Kenyatta University Biennial Research and Innovation Conference
- 9th – 10th 2018: Presented a Paper entitled “Researching Islam-Terrorism Nexus for Sustainable Global Security and Peace Management” in the 3rd International Conference held at Hekima University College, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 26th – 28th July, 2017: Participated as an Expert in the Workshop for the Development of a Curriculum Guide on Evergreen Agriculture (EVA), ICRAF Campus, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 14th June 2017: Was a member of the planning team for the Evergreen Agriculture (EVA) Curriculum Guide for tertiary and higher education, ICRAF Campus, Nairobi, Kenya
- 17th -19th May 2017: Participated as a Mentor in the Climate Impacts Research Capacity Leadership Enhancement (Circle) Supervisors and Mentors Workshop held at the African Academy of Sciences, Nairobi, Kenya
- 22nd – 25th November 2016: Agricultural Governance Innovation as the weak link in eliminating Food and Nutrition Insecurity in Africa. Paper presented in the Academic Seminar on Agriculture Innovation in the Global Research Council Africa Regional Meeting on 23 to 24 November 2016 in Maputo, Mozambique
- 23rd – 26th August 2016: Participated as co-chairman of the Organising Committee of the 6th African Regional Centres of Expertise (RCE) conference, held at KU.
- 30-31st July 2015: Second Africa Ecosystem Based Adaptation for Food Security Conference. United Nations Complex, Nairobi.
- 1st-5th December 2014: Participated as member of organising committee in the “International Conference on Building a new generation of Agricultural Scientists, joined sponsored by KU, AGRA, DAAD at Kenyatta University, Kenya.
- 29th Feb – 5th March 2012: Contextualising Sustainability Research in Kenya’s Higher Education, Conference paper with theme -Sustainability Science and the Future of Africa, held in the University of Tokyo, Japan.
- 16th - 20th November 2011: Attended the 54th Annual Meeting of the African Studies Association Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington, DC, USA
- 2nd-6th November 2011: 2011 Fulbright Visiting Scholar Regional Enrichment Seminar, Human Rights and the Global Democracy Movement, GCIV, Atlanta Georgia, USA
- 10th - 16th October 2011. The Potential of “Systems Thinking” in the Eradication of Slum Settlements in Kenya”. Paper presented in the international conference on the role of higher education for sustainable development in Africa, United Nations University, Tokyo, Japan.
- 18th – 19th April 2011. Represented Kenyatta University in the Europe-Africa Quality Connect Training Workshop for Higher Education Institutions in Accra, Ghana.
- 4th – 6th June 2008: Participated in 5th Conference of the Network for Graduate Surveys. International systems and Experiences, Uni-Kassel, Germany.
- 29th –November 2007 Academic Staff Assessment of Corporate Management in public Universities in Kenya: A Pilot Study. Paper presented in the Regional Eastern Africa Uni-Staff Almuni Network Conference, Lilongwe, Malawi.
- 18th-20th September 2007. Land Use Options: Planning, Environment and Reality. Paper presented in the VicRes Land Use Cluster Conference, , Club House, Kigali, Rwanda
- 28th – 29th March 2019: Participated as an expert in the “Agroforestry Curriculum Development Workshop” held at Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya Courtesy of the African Network for Agriculture, Agroforestry & Natural Resources Education.
- 23rd-27th October 2018: Was a member of the Local Organising Committee (representing Kenyatta University) of the Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) Biennial Conference held at KICC, Nairobi Kenya.
- 10th November 2016: Participated in the “Policy Dialogue of Youth Engagement in Agriculture” as part of the event of the Regional Sharefair on Gender and Resilience conference organised by World Food Programme, UN Women at Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi.
- 24th – 26th November 2014: Participated as a member in the 7th Horn of Africa – Regional Environmental Network meeting in Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
- 11‐15 August 2014: Participated as a Mentor at a Writeshop for Early Career Researchers in East Africa, Organized by the Stockholm Environment Institute, at ICRAF, Nairobi.
- 28th – 30th May 2014: DAAD – Conference celebrating 40 years of the DAAD Regional Office for Africa on theme, “How to Equip a Leader”: Safari Park Nairobi.
- 24th – 27th June 2013: Attended as a member the 6th Horn of Africa Regional Environmental Network Meeting on the theme: Biodiversity and Economics of Forest and Water Ecosystem, and official opening of the HoA-REN centre, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- 21st – 22nd June 2012: Represented Kenyatta University in the Europe-Africa Quality Connect final dissemination Conference – A Bi-regional Approach to Strengthening University Capacity for Change held at ECA conference Centre, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- 26th - 30th July 2010: Scientific Writing and Oral Communication organized and sponsored by the Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA), held at Sportsview Hotel, Kigali, Rwanda.
- 13th – 17th October 2009: Participated as member in the 4th Annual Meeting of the Horn of Africa Regional Environmental Network under the theme: Rural and Urban Ecosystems management: Opportunities and Challenges, Khartoum, Sudan.
- 22nd – 26th April 2009: Second Regional Stakeholder Meeting for the Development of the Regional PhD Programme in Soil and Water Management for Sokoine University of Agriculture, Dar es Salaam Tanzania.
- 8th – 12th June 2009: DIES-DAAD Proposal Writing for International Research Projects Workshop, Part II: Naivasha, Kenya
- 12th – 16th January 2009: DAAD - University Staff Development Programme ,Training of Trainers Workshop, Ridar Hotel Kampala Uganda
- 18th – 20th September 2007: Presented a technical paper entitled: Land Use Options: Planning, Environment and Reality, in the VicRes Land Use Cluster Conference, Club House, Kigali, Rwanda
- 14th – 16th February 2007. Participated as a Resource Person in an Inception Training Workshop on Integrated Ecosystem Assessment held at Morogoro, Tanzania.
- 24th – 27th April 2019: As a team member in module development and member of KDSA, I participated in the first pilot workshop on the training of university leaders Courtesy DAAD and the Commission for University Education, held at lake Naivasha Simba Lodge, Kenya.
- July 25th – 27th 2018: Participated in as a Trainer in the DAAD DIES-National Multiplication Training II of Deans and Directors on Quality Leadership and Management in Higher Education, Workshop held at MMUST Kakamega
- 18th – 21st December 2017: Participated in a workshop as a Trainer in the DAAD DIES-National Multiplication Training I of Deans and Directors on Quality Leadership and Management: A Driver for Change in Higher Education, Workshop held at Karatina University.
- 4th-6th October 2017. Presented a paper entitled “From Standardization to Categorization of Vice-Chancellors in Kenya: A Change Management Quagmire in Higher Education”, Kenya DAAD Scholars Association Conference , held at Meru University, Kenya.
- 29th Nov – 2nd Dec 2017: Participated as member of organising committee of the 2nd School of Agriculture and Enterprise Development (SAED) Biennial Conference, on the theme “Enhancing Sustainable Agricultural Production and Marketing Systems” held at Kenyatta University, Kenya.
- 3rd – 4th December 2016: UASU-KU Chapter Induction Retreat on Employment and Labour Relations (Unionism, Labour Laws, Collective Bargaining Agreements in the context of Higher Education in Kenya), held at Nakuru.
- 22nd-26th August 2016: Participated in the 1st Biennial Conference on the State of Higher Education in Kenya, held at Kenyatta University and was co-author of a paper entitled: Interrogating the Harmonized Promotion Criteria towards Quality Assurance in Kenya’s University System.
- 3rd – 4th August 2016: Participated in the Workshop on Module Writing for Training University Leaders, organised by DAAD at CUE Headquarters, Nairobi. Specific task was to develop module on Organisational Development and Change Management.
- 27th May 2016: Invited as Guest Expert in Workshop to review the PhD programme in Development Studies of St. Pauls University, held at CHAK Conference Centre Off Waiyaki Way, Nairobi.
- 10th-12th February 2016: Presented a keynote address entitled “Reflections on Quality Assurance and Academic Titles in Kenya’s Higher Education System. in the Kenya DAAD Scholars Association Mount Kenya Region 2016 Annual Conference, Karatina University
- 7th – 10th September 2015: Invited to participate as a facilitator in the Kenya Agricultural Productivity Agribusiness Project stakeholders’ workshop in Nkubu, Meru County.
- 22nd October 2014: Presented a paper entitled: Environmental Ramifications of the “Kenyan” Culture: A Scenarios Analysis, in Annual Kenyatta University Culture Week.
- 30th – 31st May 2013: Participated in the DAAD organized Conference on African Cities of the Future: Smart, Sustainable, Participatory, at Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi.
- 27th May 2013: Participated as a Committee Member in the Workshop organised by the International Network on Appropriate Technology and Energy Engineering Department of Kenyatta University on Appropriate Technology for the 21st Century held at KUCC.
- 19th – 23rd March 2012: Was a committee member of the Education and Sustainable Development for Africa (ESDA Program) Induction Workshop for Faculty, KCB Leadership Centre, Karen, Nairobi.
- 3rd-8th October 2010: Participated and presented a paper in the Annual Conference of the Horn of Africa Regional Environmental Network under the theme: Climate Change, Ecosystems and Livelihoods, Methodist Guest House, Nairobi Kenya.
- 9th – 12th March 2009: AGRA/Kenyatta University Workshop on the Development of an MSc and PhD Curricula in Integrated Soil Fertility Management, Merica Hotel Nakuru, Kenya.
- 6th – 10th November 2006: Participated in the UNISTAFF Network Conference on Quality Assurance in Higher Education at Kenyatta University, Nairobi.
- 27th June – 1st July 2006: Eastern Africa Regional Workshop on HIV/AIDS Toolkit organised by the Association of African Universities and Kenyatta University held at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies, Nairobi.
- 12th March 2005: Participated in Seminar organised by Kenyatta University on “HIV/AIDS as a workplace issue, held at Utalii Hotel, Nairobi.