- Joyce Nyirongo, Lucy Kamau, Jemimah Simbauni1, Victor Mwangi, Esther Kagasi, Faith Onditi and Hastings Ozwara (2020). Drug Recovery: Effect of Astemizole – Methylene Blue Combination Therapy against Plasmodium Strains in vitro. South Asian Journal of Parasitology 4(3): 9-17, 2020; Article no.SAJP.60063.
- Mung’ang’a EM., Kamau LM. and Maingi JM. (2020). Amoebiasis levels in relation to sanitation and personal hygiene among patients attending Kauwi and Muthale hospitals in Kitui County, Kenya. World Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical research Vol.6(6), 67-70 ISSN 2455-3301
- Samuel Kamonge, Lucy Kamau and Ngethe Muhoho (2020). Prevalence of Intestinal Parasitic Infections and Transmission Risk Factors in Primary School Children in Mbeere North Sub-County,Embu County, Kenya. International Journal of Pathogen Research 4(3): 1-7, Article no.IJPR.57916 ISSN: 2582-3876
Ruth Munene, Lucy Kamau and Muhoho Ng’ethe 2019. Schistosoma mansoni Infections occurring in school going children in a non-endemic area as a result of associated activities in a neighboring endemic area. Applied Science and Innovative Research 3(1), 57-65
Robert Omondi, Lucy Kamau (2018). Ownership and Utilization of Insecticide Treated Nets among Primary School Children Following Universal Distribution of Insecticide Treated Nets in Kasipul, HomaBay County, Kenya. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR). Volume 40, No 1, pp 26-36
Robert Omondi, Lucy Kamau (2018). Reduced Plasmodium Infection in Primary School Children Following Universal Distribution of Insecticide Treated Bed Nets in Kasipul, Homa-Bay County, Kenya. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR) Volume 38, No 1, pp 1-9 ISSN 2307-4531.
P. Matonge, P. Nguhiu, L. Kamau and K. Kinyua (2017). Seroprevalence of Porcine Cysticercosis and Associated Risk Factors in Pigs Slaughtered in Abattoirs in Thika, Kiambu County, Kenya. Journal of Life Sciences 11 :321-326 doi: 10.17265/1934-7391/2017.07.002
Chebet Too, Kamau Lucy, Syprine Otieno (2017). Prevalence of Amoebiasis among Patients Attending Longisa County Hospital, Bomet County, Kenya. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR) ISSN 2307-4531: Vol 36 (8) pg 53-61
Janeffer N. Njuguna, Michael M. Gicheru, Lucy M. Kamau and Peter M. Mbatha (2017). Incidence and knowledge of bovine brucellosis in Kahuro district, Murang’a County, Kenya. Tropical Animal Health Production 49:1035–1040 DOI 10.1007/s11250-017-1296-6.
Evalyne Wambui Kanyina, Lucy Kamau M. and Margaret Muturi (2017). Cervical precancerous changes and selected cervical microbial infections, Kiambu County, Kenya, 2014. A cross sectional study. Infectious Diseases 17(1):647 DOI: 10.1186/s12879-017-2747-4
Ototo EN, Zhou G, Kamau L, Mbugi JP, Wanjala CL, Machani M, Atieli H, Githeko AK, Yan G (2017). Age-specific Plasmodium parasite profile in pre and post ITN intervention period at a highland site in western Kenya. Malaria Journal. 2017 Nov 16;16(1):466. doi: 10.1186/s12936-017-2119.
Collince J. Omondi, Daniel Onguru, Lucy Kamau, Mark Nanyingi, George Ong’amo and Benson Estambale (2017). Perennial transmission of malaria in the low altitude areas of Baringo County, Kenya. Malaria Journal 16:257
Collince Jared Omondi, Lucy Muthoni Kamau, Humphrey Kariuki Njaanake, Douglas Anyona, Daniel Onguru, Benson Estambale (2017). Evaluation of Three Rapid Diagnostic Test Kits in the Diagnosis of Plasmodium Species Infections among Primary School Children in Baringo County. Kenya. Open Journal of Clinical Diagnostics, 7, 31-44.
Kamau L.M., Skilton R.A., Githaka N, Kiara H., Kabiru E., Shah T., Musoke A., Bishop R.P. (2016). Extensive polymorphism of Ra86 genes in field populations of Rhipicephalus appendiculatus from Kenya. Ticks Tick Borne Diseases. Volume 7, Issue 5, 772-781 doi: 10.1016/j.ttbdis.2016.03.011. Epub 2016 Mar 17.
Esther G. Kanduma, Joram M. Mwacharo, Naftaly W. Githaka, Peter W. Kinyanjui, Joyce N. Njuguna, Lucy M. Kamau, Edward Kariuki, Stephen Mwaura, Robert A. Skilton and Richard P. Bishop (2016). Analyses of mitochondrial genes reveal two sympatric but genetically divergent lineages of Rhipicephalus appendiculatus in Kenya. Parasites & Vectors 9:353
Nelson C. Menza1, Muturi W. Margaret, Kamau M. Lucy (2016). Oil Contents and Aflatoxin Levels in Peanuts Varieties Produced in Busia and Kisii Central Districts, Kenya. Tropical Medicine and Surgery 4:1 14. Nelson C. Menza1, Muturi W. Margaret, Kamau M. Lucy (2015). Incidence, Types and Levels of Aflatoxin in Different Peanuts Varieties in Busia and Kisii Central Districts, Kenya. Conference Paper in Open Journal of Medical Microbiology 05(04)
Githaka, N., Konnai, S., Bishop, R., Odongo, D., Lekolool, I., Kariuki, E., Gakuya, F., Kamau, L., Isezaki, M., Murata, S., Ohashi, K. (2014). Identification and sequence characterization of novel Theileria genotypes from the waterbuck (Kobus defassa) in a Theileria parva-endemic area in Kenya., Veterinary Parasitology (2014)
Naftaly Githaka, Satoru Konnai, Richard Bishop, David Odongo, Isaac Lekolool, Edward Kariuki, Francis Gakuya, Lucy Kamau, Masayoshi Isezaki, Shiro Murata, Kazuhiko Ohashi. (2014). Identification and sequence characterization of novel Theileria genotypes from the waterbuck (Kobus defassa in a Theileria parva endemic area in Kenya. Veterinary Parasitology 2014
- Lucy M. Kamau, Harry W. Wright, Alasdair J. Nisbet, Alan S. Bowman (2013), Development of an RNA-interference procedure for gene knockdown in the poultry red mite, Dermanysus gallinae: Studies on Histamine Releasing Factor and Cathepsin-D, African Journal of Biotechnology
- Maina T.S.N., Kamau L., Kabiru E.W., Ogata B.R., Shitandi A (2013). Evaluation of bacteriological quality of aircraft food at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, Kenya. Science Research 2013: (1): 1-8
- L. Kamau, R.A. Skilton, D.O Odongo, S. Mwaura, N. Githaka, E. Kanduma, M. Obura, E. Kabiru, A. Orago, A. Musoke and R.P Bishop (2010). Differential transcription of two highly divergent gut-expressed Bm86 antigen gene homologues in the tick Rhipicephalus appendiculatus (Acari: Ixodida). Insect Molecular Biology 2011 20 (1) 105-114
- David O. Odongo, Lucy Kamau, Robert Skilton , Stephen Mwaura , Cordula Nitsch, Evans Taracha , Antony Musoke , Claudia Daubenberger, Richard Bishop (2007). Vaccination of cattle with TickGARD induces cross-reactive antibodies binding to conserved linear peptides of Bm86 homologues in Boophilus decoloratus. Vaccine Vol. 25 (2007); 1287-1296
- Lucy Muthoni Kamau (2006); Isolation, recombinant expression and Characterization of polymorphism in the Bm86 vaccine antigen homologues from Rhipicephalus appendiculatus. PhD Thesis, Kenyatta University.
- Lucy M. Kamau 2, Robert A. Skilton1, Ephantus W. Kabiru2, Alloys S. Orago2?, Anthony J. Musoke 1¥, Richard P. Bishop1 Anti-tick Vaccines: The Rhipicephalus appendiculatus (Ra86) homologues of the Boophilus microplus Bm86 antigen has potential for use as a vaccine against R. appendiculatus infestations. (presented at the 1st Kenyatta University Research Conference in April 2009 and submitted for publication through the Kenyatta university centre for research)
- Lucy M. Kamau, Robert A. Skilton, Delia wasawo, Antony J. Musoke , Richard P. Bishop. Positive Selection in a ‘concealed’ gut potential vaccine antigen from Rhipicephalus appendiculatus. (In preparation)
- Lucy Muthoni Kamau (1992); Survey of Cobalt- related vitamin B12 deficiency in goats in small farming communities in some regions of the Kenyan Rift valley. MSc. Thesis, University of Nairobi.
Local Conferences, Workshops & Seminars Attended
- August 2012 Facilitator: training on Bio safety Awareness for Kenyatta University staff, held in Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- August 2005 National Zoological Conference, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.
Oral Presentation paper entitled; Tick Vaccines; The potential applicability of the Bm86 vaccine antigen homologue from Rhipicephalus appendiculatus as an anti-tick vaccine.
- August 2004 National Zoological Conference, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.
Oral Presentation paper entitled; Genetic Polymorphism in a concealed potential vaccine antigen from Rhipicephalus appendiculatus.
- August 2001 Department of Zoology Annual Postgraduate Conference, Kenyatta University.
Oral Presentation paper entitled; Candidate vaccine antigens in Rhipicephalus appendiculatus: Evaluation of cattle protection against Boophilus decoloratus and Rhipicephalus appendiculatus infestation by vaccination with Bm86 gut antigen derived from Boophilus microplus.
- August 2000 Department of Zoology Annual Postgraduate Conference, Kenyatta University.
Oral Presentation paper entitled; Isolation and characterization of genes encoding candidate vaccine antigens in Rhipicephalus appendiculatus: Preliminary results.
- January 2000 University of Nairobi, DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) seminar.
Oral Presentation paper entitled: The role of skin bacteria in Anopheles gambiae mosquito host seeking behaviour.
- August 1997 Department of Zoology Annual Postgraduate Conference, Kenyatta University.
Oral Presentation paper; Research project proposal entitled; Immunization of cattle against Rhipicephalus appendiculatus using tick derived immunogen.