Dr Lucas Luvai Azaale Asaava
Asaava Lucas holds a BVM.( Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine), an M.Sc. (Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics) and is Registered and retained Veterinary Surgeon, with the Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB). He holds a PhD in Immunology in the Department of Zoological Sciences, School of Physical and Applied Sciences (SPAS).
- Asaava LLA, Githui WA, Mwangi M, Mwangi E, Juma E, Moraa R, Halakhe A, Gicheru MM. Isolation, identification and associated risk factors of non‐tuberculous mycobacteria infection in humans and dromedary camels in Samburu County, Kenya. Zoonoses public health. 2020 August; 67:713-731
- Asaava L.L.A., Gicheru, M.M., Mwangi, M., Mwangi, E., Juma, Moraa, R., Halakhe, A. and Githui, W.A. (2019). A cross-sectional epidemiological investigation of nontuberculous mycobacteria of public health importance in slaughter camels in Samburu County, Kenya. Tropical Animal Health and Production. Received: 28 May 2019 /Accepted: 19 August 2019. Springer Nature B.V. 2019.
- Asaava, L.L., Kitala, P.M., Gathura, P.B., Muchemi, G., and Schelling. E. A Survey of Bovine Cysticercosis / Human Taeniosis in northern Turkana District Kenya. Prev. Vet. Med. prev. vet. Med.(2009).
- M.O Nanyingi, K.B. Kipsengeret, C.G. Wagate, B.K. Lagat, L.L. Asaava and J.O. Midiwo. In Vitro and In Vivo Antiplasmodial activity of Kenyan medicinal plants. In Aspects of African Biodiversity: proceedings of the pan African chemistry network biodiversity conference, Nairobi, 2008. Ed. J.Midiwo and J. Clough
- International food safety conference, Kenyatta University, 2019
- Kenyatta University Biennial Research and Research (KUBRIC) conference, 2019
- World one health conference, 2020- abstract accepted
Technical & Administrative
- Member of Kenyatta University- Animal Care and Use Committee (KU-ACUC): April, 2017 to date.
- Departmental Examinations coordinator: September, 2017 to date.
- Delivering content, facilitating e-learning, supervision of undergraduate student projects in the department of zoological sciences and Department of Animal Sciences, Kenyatta University.
- Non Tuberculus Micobacteria in Camels and Humans in Samburu County 2021
- Asaava L. A. Lucas 2009 A Survey Of Cysticercus Bovis/ Taenia Saginata In Northern Turkana Terra Nouva/Amref.