|Articles in Conference Proceedings
- Afullo, A.O., and Danga, BO. 2013. The mythical nature of MDG7 to Kenya’s arid and semi-arid lands. Paper presented at the 36th WEDC International Conference, Egerton University, Nakuru, Kenya, July 1-5, 2013. Egerton, Njoro Kenya.
- Afullo, A.O., and Danga, BO. 2013. The Applicability of NIMBY and NIMTO Syndromes, and willingness and ability to pay for Improved Solid Waste services among Nairobi Households. 28th International conference on solid waste technology and management. Radison Plaza Hotel, Downtown Philadelphia. 9th – 13th March, 2013.
- Augustine Afullo and Benjamin Danga. 2013. Improved Solid Waste Management among Nairobi Households. Paper presented in the 28th International Conference on Solid Waste Technology and Management, Philadelphia, PA, USA. March 10-13, 2013.
- Mochoge B.E, and Danga B.O. (2011). Improving soil nutrients and water management to increase crop yields for enhanced livelihoods of small scale farmers in semi-arid eastern Kenya. Paper presented for Egerton University journal
- Wakindiki I.I.C and Danga, B.O. 2009. Nutrient loss and accumulation following straw mulch application using different methods in a humid region in Kenya. Paper presented at the 5th Conference of the Africa Soil Science Society, ASSS, 22 - 28 November 2009, Yaoundé – Cameroon
- Afullo, A. O., and B.O. Danga. 2009. Water use efficiency in the West Kenya irrigation schemes. Programs and Abstracts. Theme: Climate change, Environment and health. In Transactions of 3rd East African Health and Scientific Conference at the KICC, Nairobi, 25th to 27th March, 2009.
- Bar-Tal, A., Danga, B.O., Minz, D., Wakindiki, I.I.C., Ouma, J.P., Kautsky, L., Suryano, S., and A. Hadas. 2006. The effects of soil pH and microorganisms source on N mineralization and nitrification. Soil science abstract 16647. In Transactions of the 18th World Congress of Soil Science 9th – 15th July 2006, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. 138-81.
- Danga, B. O., Bar-Tal, A., Minz D., Wakindiki, I.I.C., and Ouma, J.P., 2007. Does the microorganism source affect the N mineralization and nitrification rates under different soil pH.? In Proceedings of the 24th SSSEA on Improved Livelihood through Applied Soil Science and Land Management. Izaac Walton Inn, EMBU 26-30 NOV 2007. Abstract No. 26
- Danga, B. O., Bar-Tal, A., Wakindiki, I.I.C., Ouma, J.P., and Hadas, A., 2007. Inorganic N availability and the kinetics of decomposition of two chickpea residues in two acidic soils from Kenya, estimated through simulation with NCSOIL. In Proceedings of the 24th SSSEA on Improved Livelihood through Applied Soil Science and Land Management. Izaac Walton Inn, EMBU 26-30 NOV 2007. Abstract No. 44.
- Danga, B.O., Aviva Hadas; Wakindiki, I.I.C., Ouma, J.P. and Bar-Tal, A. (Dec 2013). Chickpea residue properties controlling decomposition dynamics and nitrogen availability in some tropical acid soils. South African Journal of Plant and Soil. Vol30 (4): 203-212
- Afullo, A.O., and Danga, B.O. 2013 (July 2013). The Mythical nature of MDGs to Kenya’s Arid and semi-arid lands. 36th International WEDC conference proceedings, Loughborough University, July 2013. Full refereed paper 1621. Also Abstract refereed paper 1621, page 4.
- Afullo, A.O., and Danga, B.O. 2013 (June, 2013). Are The Water Trips In The Dryland Kenya For Sustainable Development, Journeys In Vain Or TRIPS TO OBLIVION. Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management Vol. 6 (3):232-241.
- Afullo, AO and Danga, B.O. 2013. (June, 2013). Sanitation Access and Progress towards Achieving MDG7 by Kenya’s Arid and Semi-Arid Land Households. Journal Of Applied Sciences In Environmental Sanitation (JASES).- Volume 8 Number 2 Page: 113-118. June 2013.
- Afullo, A.O., and Danga, B.O. 2013 (March 2013). The Applicability of NIMBY and NIMTO Syndromes, and willingness and ability to pay for Improved Solid Waste services among Nairobi Households. International Journal of solid waste management and technology, Widener University, PA, USA, March 2013. IJSWMT: March Issue, 2013:1329-1345.
- Afullo, A.O., Danga, B.O., and Odhiambo Frank. 2013. Implications of time to water source on water use in the arid and semi-arid land (ASAL) counties of kenya. International journal of water (inderscience). In press. Accepted in march 2013, on-line abstract available on http://.inderscience.com/info/ingeneral/forthcoming.php/jcode=ijw
- Afullo, A.O., and Danga, B.O. 2013 (March 2013). Urban poor’s financial and moral support for better garbage management in Nairobi, Kenya. Environmental health insights. Accepted in March, 2013.
- Wakindiki, I.I.C. and Danga, B.O. (2011). Effect of straw mulch application on nutrient concentration in runoff and sediment in a humid region in Kenya. African Journal of Agricultural Research 6: 725-731
- Danga, B.O., Ouma, J.P., Wakindiki, I.I.C. and Bar-Tal, A. (2010). Chickpea - Wheat Rotation for Higher Production in a Humid Tropical Region. Agron J. 102:363-371.
- Danga, B.O., and Wakindiki, I.C. 2009b (Dec 2009). Effect of placement of straw mulch on soil conservation, nutrient accumulation, and wheat yield in a humid Kenyan highland. Journal of Tropical Agriculture 47 (1-2): 30-36
- Danga, B.O., J.P. Ouma, I.I.C. Wakindiki and A. Bar-Tal. 2009a (June, 2009). Legume-Wheat Rotation Effects on Residual Soil Moisture, Nitrogen and Wheat Yield in Tropical Regions. Advances in Agronomy J. 101: 315-349.
Participation in Workshop / Conference
- 21-24th May 2013. Training of Trainers (TOT) workshop on HIV Mainstreaming and integration into curriculum, at the Business and Students Services Centre, Kenyatta University (see attached certificate of participation).
- 3rd RUFORUM Biennial Conference. 24 – 28 September 2012. Entebbe, Uganda. ISFM conference, Safaripark Hotel, Nairobi – 22 to 26th October 2012.
- 1-3 August 2011 – AGRA's Sol Health Grantees Curriculum Review Workshop – held at the Southern Sun Hotel, Nairobi.
RUFORUM M&E Regional Scoping Workshop. THEME: Strengthening Capacity for Monitoring and Evaluation of Agricultural Training and Research in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa. Silver Springs Hotel Kampala, Uganda 20th-22nd July 2011.
- April (11-25), 2011 – Farmer Voice Radio sponsored workshop for extension interns at the Business Centre KU. Mentors workshop, KU - August, 2010 –at the Business and Students Centre.
- 2ND RUFORUM Biennial Regional Capacity Building Conference, 20-24 SEPTEMBER, 2010, Entebbe Uganda
- 2-6th November 2009 – module writing training workshop. Institute of Open, Distance and E-learning, Kenyatta University. Students Computer centre, KU.
Presentation of Papers
- Olive Tuyishime, Benjamin Danga, Charles Karemangingo, Jean de Dieu Habimfura and Guillame Uwayo. 2012. Bio-slurry and inorganic fertilizers effects on soil properties and maize yield in Rwanda. A paper presented at the Integrated soil fertility management Conference: From Microbes to markets, Safaripark Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya (22 to 26th October 2012).
- Onyango M.A., Danga B.O., and M. Odendo (2012). Effect of Inoculation, Lime and Inorganic fertilizer on Soil properties, Soybean and Maize Yields in Western Kenya – paper presented at the ISFM conference at the Windsor Hotel, Nairobi (June 4-8, 2012).
- Tuyishime O., Danga, B.O., and C. Karemangingo. 2012. Bio-slurry and inorganic fertilizers effects on soil properties and maize yield in Musanze district, Rwanda. A poster paper presented at the AGRA workshop 4-8 June 2012, Windsor Hotel, Nairobi.
- Mochoge, B. E., Danga, B.O., Kironchi, G. and Kibunja, C. 2012. Improving water storage in soils to enhance nutrient use efficiency and crop yields for enhanced livelihoods of small scale farmers in semi-arid eastern Kenya. A paper presented at the 3rd RUFORUM Biennial Regional Conference, 24 - 28 September 2012, Entebbe, Uganda. Theme: Partnerships and Networking for Strengthening Agricultural Innovation and Higher Education in Africa.
- Openda, G.S., Mochoge, B.E. and Danga, B.O. 2012. Improving maize-beans yields through improved soil moisture storage using trapezoidal bunds and manure in Machakos County-Eastern Kenya. A paper presented at the 3rd RUFORUM Biennial Regional Conference, 24 - 28 September 2012, Entebbe, Uganda. Theme: Partnerships and Networking for Strengthening Agricultural Innovation and Higher Education in Africa.